Tuesday 8 October 2013

Photo shoot - Bourdoir and Brit Power

If I ever chose to quit my day job and try and make a full time living off my camera working in a studio doing photo shoots would be the obvious choice so I wanted to gain some experience in this field.  All the other types of photography I have done up to now have just been my camera and myself however with a photo shoot I needed a model.  

I was considering going through talent websites like Starnow to look for models however luckily I have a friend who does modelling and agreed to be my model.

Olivia getting ready for the shoot

The setup, I was using one off camera flash and a reflector

I was a bit nervous at first as I have never done this type of photography before.  I had read many articles and watched many videos on how to do photo shoots but I had never done a model shoot myself.  Having a model who is also a good friend helped take the pressure off a lot though so I was glad Olivia was with me.

Soon the nerves had gone and by the end of the shoot (about 2 hours in total) we had some awesome photos.


  

After doing some bourdoir Olivia suggested we do a sort of "modern Brit power" photo shoot.  There was a really nice classic looking chair in the studio that worked well for this shoot.



I couldn't decided whether I preferred this photo in black and white or colour.  So I uploaded both.


The studio was an amazing place.  It was a large open room with lots of different random pieces of furniture including a piano, it felt like an Adult's playground.  Olivia being a jazz singer wanted a few photos of her and the piano.  Like with the Brit power photos these really brought out Olivia's personality which I think is one of the main goals of a good photo shoot.



Overall I really enjoyed doing the photo shoot and I was very happy with the photos we took.  Of course it helped a lot having a gorgeous model who is also a good friend.  You can check out more of Olivia on her sites:

I will definitely do more photo shoots like this in the near future.